I am talking about the platform where you could get around 250 million unique visitors and around 4.5 billion daily interactions. Doesn’t it sound amazing? So, now what is that place?
It’s none other than Google.
Google Ads was launched on 23rd October 2000. This platform for advertising came into existence in the year 2000 as Google AdWords and in the year 2018 was renamed as Google Ads.
This guide is all about What are Google Ads? How does Google Ads work and how long it takes to see results? I will be covering all the features linked to the Advertising platform and educate you about the optimization of the campaign for accomplishing the finest results with your advertisements.
So, let’s begin.
What are Google Ads?
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google, where advertisers bid to display targeted ads, such as expanded text ads, banner ads, product listings ads, or videos advertisements to web online users.
It can deliver ads both in the results of search engines like Google Search and it’s partner website such as third party websites, mobile apps, and videos etc.
Google Ads is also known for paid marketing referred to as PPC or pay-per-click. PPC means an advertiser must pay on every click when users clicks on an Ads & Someone who manages these campaign are called PPC Expert.
Google Ads is identified as one of the proficient ways of driving qualified traffic or to achieve customers for the business.
The platform is helpful in boosting the website traffic, driving leads, enquiries, calls, promoting products on streaming websites such as YouTube, receiving and increasing sales in the business.
We can create, set up and manage our campaign on Google Ads for your targeted audience. With this platform, you can achieve the top-ranking ads by meeting the requirements of Google Ads Policies and terms.
It means that your Ads will be served on the search engines result pages (SERPs) and it’s Partner’s website such as Yahoo.com, Aol.com, Ask.com etc when the customers are searching for products or services.
This way reaching your targeted audience gets easier and you can make way for the business enhancement. With time, Google Ads would benefit you analysing and improving the ads to reach out to more people so that business can hit all your campaign goals that are paid.
Let me tell you if you are worried about a budget thing then don’t be as no matter what the size of a business is you would be able to tailor the ads suiting your budget needs.
The platform offers you the opportunity of staying within your monthly cap that you can schedule, enable or pause your ad whenever you feel like depending on your business goals requirements.
Now, you would want to know if Google ads are efficient? So, to know the answer follow the few statistics below:
- The click-through rate of Google ads is near about 8%.
- The display ads help in delivering around 180 million impressions every month.
- Around 43% of customers make their purchasing decision based on what they see on YouTube.
- Paid ads on Google helps in getting around 65% clicks.
Why should you advertise on Google?
Google in fact is the finest resource people use all over the world for asking questions. The answers to the question appear with the paid ads combination and organic results. According to the understanding of Google advertiser, they make $8 for each $1 they spend on the ads.
Looking for another reason about using Google Ads? So, let me tell you that your competitors are making use of the platforms and you never know if they bid on your terms as well. Thousands of businesses are using Google Ads for promoting their products or services.
It means that even when you rank organically, your results will be pushed down below your opponents. It is also relevant for you to know that in case you are using PPC for marketing your service or product, then Google ads need to be your strategy.
Best Practices of Google Ads
If you have been trying to advertise on Google but ends up with no results, don’t worry, just remember not giving up. So many reasons are there because of which your ads are not performing. So, you should focus and know the best practices that you can apply while advertising on Google. Here are some of them:
* Running irrelevant ads If your ad is not performing then you wouldn’t get enough clicks, conversion, impressions from your targeted ads. Try to add more copies of Ads variation and ensure that the copy of the ad and the headline is matching the keywords you have initiated bid on. All in all, running the irrelevant wouldn’t help you on this platform.
* Improving your quality score Google strategy of determining the ranking of your ad is through the quality score. So, to get better placement make sure that you are ranking higher. In case, your quality score is not up to the mark, then you cannot expect eyeballs on your ad and any chances of conversion.
* Landing page optimization It is important for you to understand that you cannot make any compromises with your efforts with your ad and the user experience which is equally relevant after they click. You must ensure that you are giving users the best experience. Make sure that the landing pages of your site are optimized for conversions. Your pages should have the efficiency of solving user’s answers. In a nutshell, you must offer a seamless experience to the user through conversion.
How Does Google Ads work?
If you are intending to begin with the use of Google Ads, then you need to know the basics of it. Here’s how it works, and you can use it as well in the same way:
- At first, it is relevant for you to establish your objectives. For instance, if you plan to make use of Google ads to promote brand awareness, then the structure of the account and features that you would need are different from the ads of lead generation.
- Secondly, identify the audience roles by identifying your perfect customers, what they do, and what they are looking for and through which device. This way it would assist you to move on further on Google Ads platform and this is how it works.
- Most importantly, Google Ads with the keywords which are very important for every advertiser to emphasize when planning to promote through this platform. So, ensure conducting the keywords research with the use of tools like SEMrush. It would help you in identifying the budget, competition and search terms volume at every step of your search.
- Structuring again plays a significant role in Google Ads working. So, ensure following it by featuring the appropriate keywords with the relevant ads into different ad campaigns ad and ad groups.
- After listing out the keywords appropriate to your business, you can move on with the placing of your ads in the search results by keywords bidding. You also must know that when the competition is at a higher rate than the pay-per-click would also go high to bid. Hence, in this situation, it would be better if you consider getting granular and plan to bid for the keywords that are long-tail and right for your business as well.
- Google AdWords mainly works with a headline that is compelling, relevant keywords, a call-to-actions and extensions for an ad. So, it is one important aspect you cannot miss out when initiating your ad campaigns.
- Designing a page that is mobile-friendly would benefit you in a long way. Ensure that landing pages are mobile-friendly and emphasize on the features and benefits of your business product or service. Goof quality images, clear call-to-action and a form should be there.
- Don’t forget to place the code of Google analytics on the site to track the conversions.
- For a successful ad campaign, you must go with routine optimization. You can do so with A/B testing of your ad copies and the landing pages.
How long does it take to see results with Google Ads?
So, the answer to this question, unfortunately, is no one knows. The reality is it completely depends on the campaign size and keywords competition.
But, to give you an idea here is a brief. It takes around one week creating the Google Ads campaign group. So, in the learning phase, it may take you around three months when it comes to campaign maturity.
Optimization phase would need around three to twelve months for developing a strong working campaign.
All in all, you would need at least 12 months to see the valuable results from Google Ads campaigns. Don’t worry, the results will be worth the delay.
So, concluding this guide, the reach and authority of Google Ads clearly represent that this platform must be an element of your paid strategy.
You need to ensure using the tips that have been covered in the topic, to begin with, your campaign. Don’t forget to be refining and iterating while you begin.
There is no way other than Google Ads that could work and as a marketer, all you need to do is hard work. The use of appropriate strategy and information given above would assist you in creating successful ad campaigns. It means driving clicks and converting leads are of no more a task.